Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perez Hilton and Miss California

Okay,
not sure if anyone saw this story, but it's been all over the news. At the Miss USA pageant, the front runner, Miss California, was asked a random question from a celebrity judge, who happened to be Perez Hilton. He asked her what her thoughts were on legalizing Gay Marriage, and the result was probably the 1st time any contestant has been booed during a Miss USA pageant. See the video below.



Now, I must say, I am much more inclusive than most when it comes to homosexuality, with that said, it is a sin. You have your arguments I am sure, but, it is. If you would like to discuss this, I would love to over coffee or pie sometime, but the fact is, it is on the very long list of things that we need God's grace to cover if we do it. With that said, we are always to love folks who are living in sin, and if you don't agree, then you apparently have no sin yourself. We all sin, we all lust after something or someone and homosexuality is no different.

I said all that to say this, Miss California is an angel. It takes a lot of guts to do what she did. Perez Hilton later said that he answer is what cost her the crown, and I think that says a lot for what is it to follow Jesus. Sometimes, choosing Jesus will cost you a crown. It might cost you a job promotion, a place at the cool table or even the girl/boy of your dreams. She didn't win, but, she did gain fame for a good purpose. Some in the crowd cheered her bravery, others booed her for her opinions, and both were entitled to do so.

All I can say is, I wish I were more like Miss California.

1 comment:

Amber Mac said...

Hey Matt! Just found your blog, its really great. I will be linking to you soon.