Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day!!!


Man do I love me some Red's baseball. I positively love everything about them. I love the tradition, the ballbark(s), the players (especially since Dunn was traded), the announcers, the uniforms, EVERYTHING.

I got to attend opening day this year, but what with not winning the ticket lottery this year and having a small group tonight I will just have to watch it on TV or listen to it on the radio.

This year, unlike most years, I think the Reds have a shot at the playoffs. With all the young talent: Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Ownings, Dickerson, etc and some young vets: Harang, Arroyo, Hernandez, Phillips, Cordero, etc. I think they have a solid team, with a GREAT manager in Dusty Baker.

I am not saying they will win a world series, because, they won't. I am saying they COULD compete for the division and COULD win a wild card spot. But I will tell you what I guarantee they WILL do, they WILL excite the fanbase for the 1st time in about 8-9 years.

I THINK the Reds will win 94 games this season.

So here are my 2009 season predictions sure to go wrong.

American League:

East: Red Sox
Central: Indians
West: Angels
Wild Card: Yankees

National League:

East: Mets
Central: Reds
West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Phillies


World Series:

Yankees vs. Mets

Winner:

Yankees

And I hate to say that.

1 comment:

tonyclay said...

How about the CUBS, They have Lou.