Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthday

So tomorrow is my birthday, I am turning 26. Not sure why, but I haven't really enjoyed a birthday in a long time. I guess it's the whole adult thing. I have 4 meetings tomorrow. I will get the chance to see my girls about a combined total of 30 minutes from sun-up to sundown.

But what I've realized is, birthdays aren't about celebrating ME. We make them about that, but they aren't. They are more about celebrating the blessings from that year. Otherwise, you would be throwing an party to honor the great accomplishment of not DYING one more year, and for most people, that ain't too difficult of a task to complete.

By the national average, I am way lower middle-class, but in the grand scheme of things, I am more rich than any man could ever be. I have a better wife than a man could even hope for, a better daughter than I ever dreamed of, and twin baby girls coming in the next couple of months, and that is cool. I am a part of a great ministry and I serve a POWERFUL GOD.

Life is good, whether you are happy or not. And I love me some life these days. I may not enjoy my birthday, but I love what it stands for.

No comments: