Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Rabbi.


If Jesus is anything to me, it is my Rabbi.

I don't mean a Jewish guy with sweet black curly hair, I mean my teacher. He teaches me every single day. He teaches me that he is my savior, he teaches me that he is my redeemer, he teaches me that he is my fortress and in him is the only place that I can always turn and find comfort and answers to life's had questions.

What I constantly forget to understand is that when Jesus 1st called his disciples, they may or may not of even understood that he was the Messiah, all they seemed to know was that they were about to have the chance to follow a Rabbi and study under him, and to those young Jews, there really couldn't have been any greater honor.

Another thing I constantly forget is that he is also my Rabbi. He teaches me, through his word. I can read the exact same section of scripture a zillion times, but every time it reveals something new to me about Jesus.

In the New Testament, Jesus is referred to as "Rabbi" at last 16 times, but to me, the most chilling on comes in Matthew 26:24-25

24The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."
25Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, "Surely not I, Rabbi?" Jesus answered, "Yes, it is you."


When he knows Jesus is aware of what he is doing, he sadly, calls him "Rabbi". This is referring to the fact the Jesus led him EVERYWHERE for over 3 years, taught him everything, loved him unconditionally, and then, be betrays him.

This is me when I sin. He leads me, he teaches me, he loves me, but I still betray it all.

No comments: