Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Don't think you have won just yet..

I watched this story of this high school football team that got the ball with .16 seconds left on the clock and they were losing. The field goal kicker kicks the ball with time expiring and...he misses it. But, they still win? How is this possible?

Watch the clip below, it will blow your sports loving mind.



This made me think of my own life. I often think I have done enough. I think that the people God uses me to lead to Jesus are the only people that really need me to share God's grace with them. I think that the time I spend in God's Word on any particular day is good enough.

The thing of it is, God's Grace may be real, but he still expects alot out of us. The New Testament is full of commandments that God wants us to obey. You may have some of those down pat, but there are many more that we ignore. Not just the spreading the Gospel, not just the feeding and caring for the poor, not just the reflecting on his Word daily, but much much more.

I say I love God, but sometimes I forget how he says to love him. Look at John 14:15

"If you love me, you will obey what I command"

If I love him, I will obey everything he commands and I don't know about you, but I have a LONG way to go.

Don't think you have won just yet, there is much, much more to do.

No comments: