Thursday, June 25, 2009

King Of Pop...


So, Michael Jackson dies at the age of 50 today. Wow. I could not be more confused about the arc of this guy's story. I mean, hmmm. Well on one hand, he most definitely, and I mean, most definitely made some amazing music. Some people have a career in music that is all hype, MJ was not that guy. The Jackson 5 stuff alone would make him an all-time great, but then you through in a solo career that includes Off The Wall, Thriller, blood On The Dancefloor, History and a ton more. Then you get dancing, from the moonwalk to the "lean thing" he did in the Smooth Criminal video, just amazing stuff.

But then, there is the other stuff. He grew up abused by his father Joe. He grew up in the spotlight, which is never a good thing. Not a good start for a kid's life.

You have the odd things, dressing in glitter general suits, naming kids blanket and Prince Michael then you get situations like the constant accusations of child molestation. I am not on earth to judge a man's life, but if true, that's hard to support.

I don't know what to even say about it all. I was a huge fan growing up, but then, well, the other stuff.

I feel for his children, family, friends and loved one's. I even to an extent feel for his fanbase. But, I will say this, death happens alot to wonderful people, and they aren't honored. Also, I will say this, over 700,000 children under the age of 5 die every year in India. Think about that for a moment. We freak out over swine flu. We lose control because of downsizing and...we act like all hope is lost when 3 celebrities pass away in 3 days.

All I can say is, loved his body of work, not sure about the rest. Just an odd legacy to leaveon this earth.

No comments: