Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random Things About Me...

Here are some things that are random about me:

I might be the only person alive to never find Weird Al funny, even once...

I might be the only person left alive who enjoys eating a Jolly Rancher only by biting down on it as hard as I can, just to get my teeth stuck together, than I eat it...

I am wicked afraid of spiders...

Not a fan of chocolate milk at all, but stawberry milk is A-OKAY...

To me, Frank Caliendo is to me, the least likeable person in the universe. His impresitions are corny at best, never dead on, and his show FRANK TV is the biggest waste of an hour a person could spend outside of sinning...

I feel dirty around curse words...

I love the Reds, but cease to watch them after All-Star break almost every year (for obvious reasons)...

I couldn't look up to men in the ministry more. Especially those who have stayed in one place for a long period of time...

I secretly hope that the two Corey's (Haim and Feldman) make a huge box-office comeback, but know they never will...

If i could find a reason to preach a sermon series on the tv show "Lost" and it be relevant and scriptural, I'd start on it tomorrow...

If watching Christmas Vacation were a job, I might just have more experience than anyone in the country...

I love having one, but am not real fond of the word "blog"...

I have been writing a book for 3 years now that chances are, no one will ever read...

The forementioned book is titled "100 Foot Jesus"...

If i were not in the ministry, I would probably be a mediocre history teacher somewhere...

I love the sermon writing process almost as much as the sermon delivering...

I find it hard to believe that anyone has read this whole list so far...

I am one of the shyest people alive in crowds of 3 of less at times, but the most out-going in front of 100+ crowds...

I can't even contain myself when it is time to leave work and pick up my daughter every day...

Although 18 months old, my daughter is the coolest person I have ever met...

I have been married for exactly 3 years, but give marriage counceling to couples that have been together for 20+ years, which is odd at times...

If I had to choose between listening to a radio station with an old man farting for 5 hours or a country music station for 5 minutes, i would probably choose the farting...

My favorite preacher of all time is Kyle Idleman from Southeast Christian Church in Lousiville, I could listen to him preach about anything...

1 comment:

Shawn Young said...

I think Weird Al's Music is more "silly" than "funny." But I thought the movie UHF was hilarious, and he wrote it, so I have to give him credit for making me laugh somewhat.

And I couldn't agree more about Frank Caliendo. He does a handful of really good impressions, but that's nothing to base a TV show around. There are only so many ways that you can write John Madden into a skit before it starts to look desperate.