Wednesday, December 31, 2008

30 Days Update

So, a little update from a previous post. I began my 30 day negativity fast, and slightly messed up. Not when dealing with people, gossip, slander or anything like that, although i am certain it is bound to happen, it was with negativity towards a movie i was watching. i caught it before Emily did, so i injected a compliment to the film as soon as i noticed. This is going to be rough.

I think the main purpose behind this fast is that i really am attracted to negativity. I used to be such a happy person. I would smile in all situations, but then i began to lose my positive outlook and became outwardly cynical. The problem is, i say that i can't take people's complaining anymore, but honestly, they aren't the problem, i am. And i have noticed that my bad outlook has brought my wife down, which is the biggest problem of all. She is the most positive and lively person i have ever met, but from living with me for 3 years, i am taking a toll on her. I know its easy as a pastor to be negative, its basically all you hear throughout the week are problems, but its up to me to see God working in those situations and not complain about them.

So anyways, thus far i would give myself a B-. Not too bad, and i appreciate the prayers of everyone too, i won't be able to do it without the support of my friends.

No comments: