Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So, I am not sure if you guys like my preaching, are annoyed with it, or well, whatever. But i am making major changes. I mention quite a bit about this last week in my sermon, and well, it is from the heart.

I feel at times i become sort of a grand stander who kind of craves the spotlight and loves the attention a little too much, and i dont teach the bible all too well either. Well for whatever reason, i feel God doesn appreciate what i do, so i am going new.

I have spent my time since sunday researching/reflecting/studying about how not to preach. So far about me i have an understanding of mentioning, the state of the church (is tired), my testimony (is tired), and a few other topics need a long rest. I love to talk about them, but we need more. So this sunday is going to be pretty different. When i was in college i won the award for my graduating class for excellence in preaching, and i did that with good content, structure and i made it very little about me, but all about Jesus. So now, i am going back to that a bit.

Now i know what some of you are thinking, you are thinking that i am going to just end up being like everybody else and start giving you my "4 Points and a Poem" (funny, i have read poems twice in the past couple of months, i am a loser), but i hate that type of preaching, and i will never be that guy.

I feel if as a ministry we are to grow it is only through the study and understanding of Jesus Christ, and that is just what we are going to do. So once again, you may not care that much, you just want me to stay under 30 minutes (sorry about sunday if thats true, i get like that sometimes), but i feel i can do better by you guys, and i will.

No comments: