Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Vacation All I Ever Wanted....?


So i didnt post last week, mostly because i rarely was around my laptop, let alone the internet. The reason being was i was on vacation all week. Now i know for some people this would mean a trip to the mountains, beach, etc. But for me it meant sitting at home with Gretchen Mae and playing, ALOT. I have to tell you though, i have never enjoyed or felt more rejuvenated on a vacation than i did about that one. The furthest i drove the whole week was columbus, but it felt like i was in another world.

Dont get me wrong, i love my job at South Side. I promise you it would take a combination of the Army National Guard and a whole group of elders to get me to leave it, but at times i need a break. See a confession that i must make is that as much as God rewards me for the ministry we do here, i get down about it alot. I love the preaching and the working with people, but at times the unfair criticism of myself and more importantly other members of our leadership depresses me. So when i do a vacation i like to not even reflect on it. I just kind of sit back and enjoy God's blessings outside of our church.

But good things have been happening here and i would be remissed to not mention them. Holly Heath and Danelle Coleman were baptized in the last two weeks, and the feeling i am getting is many more are on their way. People are finally feeling open to come forward for prayer, and i get a least a couple of great calls or visits a day of people who feel they need Jesus and want to know how to receive him. If you are reading this and you are a part of our ministry, please feel free to contact me about ANYTHING. My office hours here are Tuesday-Friday 8:30-(usually around) 4:30 and my cell phone is 740-606-7347. I am called by God to help, please feel welcome to ask for it.

But yes i loved my vacation. My little girl turns 1 on saturday and you are all welcome to come to her party at the church on saturday from noon-3pm. Thanks and i will try and post again this week to make up for last week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought the party was at your house!??
but yea can't wait to see you guys on friday nightt :)
-Kristen-