Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Why Do A Blog?


I am starting yet another new blog, and i yet still not certain why i do it. Maybe its because alot of people here me preach every week, get taught in a Bible study, or they just hang out a bit with me, but still never get to here what is on my mind. Well i guess i will tell you in blog #1. Here is a list of who i am:


I am (in no particular order):

1. A usual republican, that has switched allegences to Barack Obama

2. A authentic Christ follower. Not a big fan of religion, but i love when people follow the one true God.

3. A non-authletic sports fan. I love baseball, basketball, football, but stink all all three equally.

4. A book lover. I am telling you, give me a Donald Miller, Rob Bell, Mark Driscoll, Rick McKinley book and i am lost for days.

5. A lover of my job. There is NO job on earth i would rather have than be a minister at South Side. I LOVE preaching, teaching and helping change lives, would never change it for anything.

6. A family guy. i love my wife and daughter as much as i possibly could, and would die for either of them.

7. A sports gamer, only. Sorry, but i cant stand Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Mario, anything outside of sports games, its just my thing.

8. A dude on a diet. I have been dieting for going on a month, and i love it. I was 210lbs, now i am just under 200, and my goal is 175, cant wait to get back to you with good results.

9. A lover of good music, but a hater of pop music. The top 40 is why music has died. Give me an idie artist, and my interest will perk up.

10. A lover of T.V. I love alot of shows, dont watch too much because i am rarely home to get to, but i love shows like House, American Idol, Survivor, King of Queens, the Colbert Report and many many more.


So thats a basic, maybe you didnt know about me blog. I guess the answer to why blog is, why the heck not is a picture of Gretchen, my little girl, speaks for itself i think,



Up top is a picture of Gretchen, my little girl, at an Easter Egg hunt, thought it would make you happy,
Matt

2 comments:

Gretchen Mae said...

your picture did make me happy. you also make me happy! i love you!

LORI said...

Hey Matt! Thanks for sharing! The funny thing is that I knew the majority of these things about you. I guess I know you better than I thought. By the way, I really felt God speaking through you on Sunday. Yet another great sermon! In Christ. Lori VanDyke